Congratulations to our SoleMates who completed the 2014 Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon on Sunday, July 20 and raised ovr $1,500 in program scholarships!
SoleMates are adult athletes who pursue individual athletic goals to fundraise for Girls on the Run-Chicago so we can continue to inspire girls across Chicagoland to be joyful, healthy and confident. As a SoleMate for the Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon you will commit to raising a minimum of $300 or $600 for Girls on the Run-Chicago. In exchange you will enjoy a number of outstanding benefits outlined below, and you will raise scholarship funds for girls who cannot afford to pay for our programming. More than 75% of Girls on the Run participants request scholarship funding to be able to participate in our program; funds raised by SoleMates athletes help support this need.
As a SoleMate for the Rock 'n' Roll Chicago Half Marathon you receive a number of fantastic benfits including:
- Free entry into the race!
- Free training with CARA (Chicago Area Runners Association) and a CARA membership*
- Free cheer-squad t-shirts for your friends and family
- A private race-day venue with refreshments and private gear check
- Team workshops on core strength, stretching and injury prevention
- A free one-year, all-access Chicago Athletic Clubs gym membership for the first three SoleMates to raise $2,500
- And much more!
* Free training with CARA is offered at the $600 commitment level only
Look for registration details in early 2015 for how to join our Half Marathon team next year!
Questions? Email Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-342-1250 ext. 23.